Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Moved...

As I wrote in an earlier post, I've been struggling with time management and just how I am using my time.  While nothing that I am doing is wrong in and of itself, I have been feeling led by the Holy Spirit to move from so much time on the internet visiting fun papercrafting sites to fulfilling a greater call--ACTION.  While I am still not sure what all that will entail, I do know that there are better ways for me to use my time.

I've just finished reading The Power of Simple Prayer by Joyce Meyers.  As I've read and studied, I am coming to realize that I am being called to be a blessing to others.  I cannot do that if I am sitting behind a computer looking at all the beautiful projects everyone else is creating.  I desire to share the blessing of creating with those that God lays on my heart.  Being able to craft and create is a blessing to me.  Cards and gifts I create can be a blessing to others.

Another avenue that God has been speaking to me through is Ann Voskamp's blog. Today I was moved to tears as I read her post and think about all that God has blessed us with and how little we really give.  Yes, we tithe faithfully.  Yes, we give to various needs.  But, do we ever hurt in our giving?  Do we truly reach out across barriers and share the love of Christ in tangible ways?  I desire to allow God to work in and through me to touch the lives of others--to bring light and love.

2 comments:

  1. wow, thanks for sharing these words...I use m card making as a ministry and have been super blessed...may God bless you in all you choose to do...have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise choices! Very encouraging! I agree with you about the time usage and being good stewards of not just our finances but our time and our talents. (But I hope we'll still keep in touch :) )

    ReplyDelete