Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Birthdays Galore

In our family, there are seven birthdays to celebrate in the month of October.  The last three fall on two days, so I had three cards to make and get in the mail in a short time.  I'm a procrastinator and thought I was going to be seeing all three family members only to have things happen to prevent getting together.  Therefore, in the mail the cards needed to go and I had waited until the last minute to start them.  With that in mind, I knew the cards had to be relatively embellish free to go in the mail with a standard stamp. I'm not sure how all the stunning cards I see in the blogging world ever make it through the mail.  Hand delivery I guess...

Our oldest niece is in the "tween" stage and just moved into a new bedroom with pink, purple and turquoise colors.  Her card was kept simple and just utilized layers and textures in addition to images from CTMH stamps.
Our only nephew is one, so this is the cute little card I made for him using some scraps of paper and an adorable monkey from a retired CTMH stamp set.
Last, but not least, is a card for my dad.  He is an avid pheasant hunter, so I gave the card a "hunting" spin with another retired CTMH stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment