Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

5 for 5 this month

Yah!  I did it!  I participated in all 5 of the challenges at Heart-2-Heart this month.

The final challenge was to use a sentiment stamped image only.  Since I already had the February 2011 SOTM set out for the last challenge, I opted to use the sentiment from that set as my focal point.  I then used some scraps of paper from the Sophia paperpack and punched some circles from a ruined New Testament I have saved.  I inked the edges of the 6 circles and stuck a brad through the center of each, before shaping the paper into a flower.  After I had the flower the way I wanted it, I spritzed a little water on it and let it dry.  This helps it to hold its shape a bit better.

This was a super easy card to make, but the bright cheery colors from Sophia just make me smile when I look at this card.  Now to decide who to give it to...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiment and card! It will definitely brighten someone's day. Your ribbon detail is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us each week at H2H!

    ReplyDelete