Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

The Simple Things...


The Heart-2-Heart Challenge Blog is featuring a "Bunny Hop."  Here are the details:  create something Easter or Spring themed. Post it to your blog. On Monday April 18th only, add your link to the Mister Linky on the H2H blog. You can ONLY post your link between 8:00 am EST and 8:00 pm EST on April 18th!! After 8:00 pm, the link list will be closed and no other entries will be added through the week. You also MUST include CLOSE TO MY HEART products or your link will be removed. Then through out the day, you can bunny hop among the links to see what everyone has created. 


I originally planned to use this card for the "reduce, reuse, recycle" challenge; however, when I thought about a spring themed project this just fit the bill.  What better way to spend a spring day than outside on a swing!  The inspiration for this card came to me when I was helping my young son pick up his room and I came across a half dozen tires he's popped off tractors.  I could recycle them instead of throw them out, but I didn't want to use them in the obvious way and use them as tires on an image.  Then it came to me--a tire swing!  I am so pleased with the card.






CTMH supplies used:

  • stamp sets--The Simple Things and Grown With Love
  • inks--chocolate, sweet leaf, and pink carnation
  • cardstock--chocolate
  • B&T paper--Magic Moments






16 comments:

  1. This is so creative. I love the tire swing. Now im off to clean my sons room!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tire swing is the perfect embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just never know what you'll find in a boy's room! Can't say it is usually something so cute!
    Very creative and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, what a great way to use those tires!! I have thrown so many of those away :) Great card, all around :) Thanks for joining the Bunny Hop at H2H!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was reading your post, thinking "Really? he has half a dozen tractor tires in his room??" Not realizing you meant the toy variety!! Just an adorable card - glad you could hop along with us this week at H2H :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is super cute with the tire - great idea! Thanks for joining us on our hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Love the tire swing, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammy,
    This is a darling card-I'm so glad you could join us on our hop along at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! Your card is darling! I am ready for an easy breezy spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! Tire swings totally say Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo cute! I'm thinking of stealing some tires from my son's toys now, shhh...don't tell him! Great spring card! Thanks for hoping along with us at H2H :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE The Tire swing ;) Great Earth, Spring, and recycle idea I just adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my how cool is this? Fantastic idea, so glad you hopped along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! It works perfectly for both challenges. *Ü* Thanks so much for playing along with us at H2H for our first Bunny Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is *AWESOME*. There's so many things I love about it. Obviously the first thing you notice is the tire, but when I look a little closer, I have to admire all the little details. The flowers and grass are just perfect. Are they flowers stamped or cutout? I also love the tree placement, and combined with the "horizon", adds great depth and perspective. And the horizon itself, how did you do that?

    I'm still so new to all this, I want to learn it all!
    ..Yogi (peaceofmindscrapbooking.com)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Thank you for all the comments.

    The flowers are all stamped and then cut out before being added to the card. I tore the edge of the B&T paper to get the added dimension.

    Oh, I do have several "tractor" tires still available. Now to figure out other uses...

    ReplyDelete