Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

H2H Reduce, Reuse, Recycle....

This is my first attempt at this challenge--a true reuse project.  I started with an empty Band-aid box and scraps of old CTMH paper.  In addition, I took some pages from a discarded New Testament (When the Gideons handed out New Testaments at the high school my husband works at, he found one ripped up and I told him I would use it in some way.) to create the flower.  The stamped image is the cute little frog from CTMH stamp set, Hot Diggity.   I'll likely fill it with treats and give it away or use it as a door prize for one of our craft nights at church.


The next project utilized a piece of plastic from a Nestabilities package.  I love the 3-D effect of the butterfly with this reused/recycled plastic.

The paper I used is from another retired CTMH paper pack, called Paper Garden.  The stamp set was a SOTM earlier this year--LOVE IT!!!  I used two other CTMH stamp sets as well.  One is a sentiment set and the other is called Playful Flourishes.  The first butterfly was stamped on blush cardstock in blush ink.  The recycled butterfly was stamped with staz-on ink and attached to the first butterfly with a single gold brad.


You can see the recycled butterfly much better in this close-up:

3 comments:

  1. What awesome projects, I love how you saved your Bible and can repurpose it! Great job with this challenge thanks so much for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards! I love the recycled materials you used. (Thanks for the explanation on the bible that was already torn up. LOL!) Thanks for playing along with us at H2H this week! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really lovely projects, Tammy - and a great job with the recycling challenge! Thanks for joining us at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete