Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

50th Anniversary

Our family has the privilege of helping my husband's aunt and uncle celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary this spring.  I knew that I wanted to make them a card, but I wasn't sure where to begin.  As I was visiting some of my favorite blogs, I came upon this card on Jen's Scrappy Pages.  The layout was eye catching, so I ran with it.

Not wanting to do the traditional "gold" card, I opted for gold tones, rich reds, and browns.  My color combination came from the patterned paper, which is one I picked up at Michaels or Joanns when they had a super cheap paper sale (you know, buy 6 for 96 cents kind of thing).  All the stamps are from CTMH, but the names elude me as I sit here and type.  I used ribbon and brads from my stash.  I've still got to work on the inside, but for now this is it:


After stamping the word "journey," I felt it wasn't a bold enough image.  I looked through my stamp collection, but couldn't find the right size "love."  That's when I opted for an alphabet set with just the right letters.  The "love" sentiment is second generation stamping so it wouldn't detract from the original sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment