Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Handmade contributions for the LOL auction.




The teens at our church are having a special fundraiser tonight called LOL (Love Out Loud).  There will be a meal, made by the teens, served family style; skits put on by the teens; and both a silent auction and a live auction.  I decided to create a couple of things to put in a "Quiet Time" basket for the silent auction.

I made a journal using some cocoa cardstock, a scrap of twilight cardstock, a sheet of patterned paper from Michaels,  and a 1/2 size notepad.  I used a limited edition stamp set from CTMH for the flourishes (which I embossed with clear embossing powder), a Verve plain jane for the Scripture, and the CTMH Live Inspired stamp set (you can just see the image on the white cardstock).  The ribbon, gems, and brad are from my stash, while the flower is CTMH.


 The cards are single layer cards using the CTMH stamp set Treasure Life (my favorite set) and various CTMH stamp sets for the sentiments.  I used cocoa, twilight, and sweet leaf inks.  With the event tonight and not starting the cards until lunchtime today, I needed to keep it simple and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment