Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Prayer Journal


I like to give our church secretary a little something each year for Christmas.  She does a wonderful job, often going above and beyond her job description to help things run smoothly each and every day.  This year I decided to create a journal for her to use to record prayers, praises, or thoughts from any Bible studies she does this year.

The flourishes (a CTMH promotional stamp set from a year or two ago) were clear embossed and turned out great if I don't say so myself.  Embossing is still a work in progress for me, but it is coming along.  I inked the edges of the flower with twilight ink from CTMH to add a little dimension to it.  I like the added color rather then leaving it all white.  The Scripture stamp is from Verve.  All the papers were from Michael's or Joann's.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy, I have to tell you I love this idea! I actually have a prayer journal, but it's a bound book with lined paper in it that I purchased from the store. I love the fact that doing it this way allows you to personalize it! I love the subtle detail you've incorporated in the design of this book also, of course because it's a prayer journal, you surely don't want stuff jumping out at you...at least I wouldn't lol! I really love the softness of the color palette you chose.
    Thanks for sharing this idea, I really love it!
    Bethann
    pawwpadd-caseyspitterpatterchatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete